Inspire Education Group (IEG), which consists of Peterborough College, Stamford College and University Centre Peterborough, recently held a remarkable Staff Conference and award ceremony at the Kingsgate Conference Centre in Peterborough.
The event served as a platform for recognising and appreciating the exceptional efforts of IEG’s dedicated staff members while providing valuable insights and motivation for personal and professional growth.
The conference kicked off with an engaging introduction by Rachel Nicholls, CEO of Inspire Education Group. Rachel set the tone for the day, emphasising the importance of celebrating achievements and fostering a positive work environment. As a visionary leader, she highlighted IEG’s commitment to excellence and the pivotal role played by the staff members in the organisation’s success.
The first guest speaker, Sophie Bostock, captivated the audience with her enlightening talk titled “Sleeping for Happiness: Why sleep matters, and how to make the most of it.” Sophie’s expertise in sleep science shed light on the profound impact of quality sleep on overall well-being and performance, leaving the audience inspired to prioritise this vital aspect of their lives.
Following Sophie’s session, the renowned Andy Cope took the stage, bringing his unique blend of humour and wisdom to the conference. With his talk titled “The Art of Being Brilliant,” Andy engaged the audience with his infectious energy and insights into achieving personal excellence. Attendees were left with practical tools and strategies to enhance their own brilliance and create positive change.
During the midday break, staff members were treated to a delectable buffet lunch, providing an opportunity for networking and camaraderie among colleagues. The relaxing ambience allowed everyone to recharge and connect with peers, fostering a sense of unity within the Inspire Education Group community.
In the afternoon, Errol Lawson, a motivational speaker and leadership expert, delivered an empowering speech titled “Rising Stronger.” Errol’s passionate delivery and inspiring message encouraged staff members to overcome challenges, embrace resilience, and reach new heights in both their personal and professional lives.
The day concluded with an End of Year Address from Rachel Nicholls, where she highlighted the remarkable achievements and successes of IEG over the past year. Rachel outlined the organisation’s ambitious goals and targets for the upcoming year, inspiring the entire staff to continue their exceptional work and strive for excellence.
To conclude the memorable event, the staff awards ceremony took place, recognising the outstanding contributions and dedication of individuals who have gone above and beyond in their roles. The following staff members were celebrated as the winners:
- Lecturer of the Year – Rachel Pishhorn, Curriculum Leader – HE Media and Journalism
- Student Support Staff Member of the Year – Emily Quinn, Student Mentor
- Business Support Staff Member of the Year – James Clarke, Exams Team Leader
- Outstanding Contribution by a Member of Staff in their First Year – Rebecca Kawalec, Lecturer in Health & Social Care
- Digital Innovation and Excellence in Teaching – Karen Moss, ESOL Digital Lecturer
- Excellence in Customer Service Award – Nicola Brader, Receptionist
- The Award for Impact Through Partnership – Brogan Rainey, Nursery Manager
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Anne Brouilette, Caretaker
- Positive Contribution to our Local Community – Tom Deignan, Lecturer in Brickwork & Construction Skills
- Inspiring Leadership – David Smith, Assistant Head of Faculty – Art, Photography, Graphics, Games Design and IT
- Team of the Year – IEG English and Maths Team
The awards not only served as a token of appreciation but also reinforced IEG’s commitment to fostering a culture of excellence and recognising the incredible efforts of its staff members.
The Inspire Education Group Staff Conference and award ceremony was a resounding success, leaving attendees motivated, inspired, and armed with valuable insights and strategies to excel both personally and professionally. The event served as a testament to IEG’s commitment to providing an empowering and nurturing work environment for its staff members, ensuring their continued growth and success.
If you would like to learn more about working with us, click here.