Manage, review and assess a caseload of learners who are based in the workplace and are currently undertaking level 2 and level 3 apprenticeships as part of the sector of the College’s curriculum provision ensuring that they meet the occupational standards needed to achieve full framework / standard accreditation in a timely manner.
The role will include overall co-ordination of in-college and on-site activities to provide an overall view of progression of each apprentice. In addition, to act as the Co-ordinator and Assessor of a small cohort of Level 2 Apprentices within your scope of experience. You will be required to co-ordinate the training and assessing for the breadth of the programme between yourself and other staff.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following areas:
· Work alongside the Apprenticeship Coordinator in Apprentice sign-up, initial assessment and induction process.
· Assist in the coordination of any employer engagement initiatives.
· Liaise with other lecturers to monitor apprentice progress and provide the necessary report.
· Liaise with lecturing staff to compile and carry out comprehensive apprentice reviews which lead to meaningful action plans.
· Ensure that apprentices are clear on the criteria and the evidence they have to gain to meet this.
· Provide support to employers and supervisors to provide the apprentice with opportunities to gain the required evidence and to validate it.
· Provide support to apprentices, employers and supervisors to use the e-portfolio system effectively and efficiently.
· Provide individual/small group e-portfolio sessions for apprentices as required.
· Liaise with lecturers and others in facilitating students access to and use of appropriate learning materials, equipment, resources etc.
· Act as apprentice coordinator, maintaining tracking systems to provide regular and purposeful reports to all interested parties as directed so that there is a clear plan of action which is time bound for each learner.
· Assess students by formal or informal methods as required by external examining bodies and following internal College procedures.
· Contribute to the assessment of internal quality assurance for students by ensuring that working practices meet the verification process and to meet with the awarding bodies as and when required.
· Contribute to the internal verification process.
The successful candidate will hold a Level 3 qualification in at least one relevant vocational industry, a Level 3 Assessment and Quality Assurance, as well as a minimum of Level 2 Literacy and Numeracy (GCSE English Language and Maths (Grade C/4 or above) or other Level 2 equivalent qualifications, which are essential. You should also have recent experience of working within the relevant industry with high level practical skills. Other key skills include the ability to demonstrate a practical trade professional manner and engage and support children in their learning.
37 hours per week, all year round.
22.3% employer contribution through Local Government Pension Scheme
At IEG we are passionate about creating environments where can people can be themselves at work, where individuals are respected and valued for the differences they bring, where people fit together in effective teams, rather than seek to fit in. If, you think differently don’t let that be a barrier to applying for a role with us.
We thrive through embracing our differences including our culture, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion and sexual preference.
Our commitment is to reflect the diversity of the students we support in both our workforce and other stakeholders. Our goal is to create an environment where those we employ are supported whatever difference they bring.
Normal working hours of 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 4.30pm Friday
Yes extensive free parking is available at all our locations.
Sponsorship and financial support to achieve Degree Level and Professional qualifications is available upon application.
We have an on-site nursery at our Peterborough Campus, and also offer childcare vouchers to support nursery fees here and at other locations.
Our generous holiday entitlement starting from 41 days of paid leave for full-time employees also hugely supports our working parents, and for some roles, term-time only contracts are available.
You will also find above-average occupational maternity and adoption benefits with up to 12 months off work, and access to paternity and shared parental leave scheme.
The Senior Leadership Team truly care for the wellbeing of staff and students and are actively involved in not only ensuring professional training is available, but that support for personal and professional problems is also accessible. Our free ‘Employee Assistance Programme’ offers access to a wide range of wellbeing resources and programmes including a counselling helpline if required.
Aside from delivering above-average generous holiday and pension benefits, we offer awards and vouchers, and encourage contribution to recognition schemes to ensure staff feel valued and appreciated.
Both locations offer impressive on-site gym and fitness suites, free-parking, well-stocked libraries, and a number of eateries including a Costa at Peterborough and a Starbucks at Stamford.
Peterborough College also has an on-site nursery rated ‘good’ by Ofsted.